Resin is a type of plastic that can be used to create a wide variety of art, including jewelry and sculpture.
Resin art is usually made with clear, colored, or sparkly resin. The process for creating resin art is fairly simple. After you have the supplies needed for your project, you mix up the resin and pour it into your mold.
Then, once the resin has cured completely (this can take anywhere from two days to six weeks depending on how much you’re making), you’ll have a hard copy of whatever cool thing you’ve made!
The best part about this process is that it’s not only inexpensive but also super easy to pick up if you don’t know anything about working with plastic materials yet! You can get started right away by purchasing some basic tools like mixing cups and stirring rods online at places like Amazon or Etsy; these items are surprisingly cheap so there’s no excuse not to try them out as soon as possible.
There are two main types: clear and colored/sparkly:
- Clear Resin – This kind of looks like glass but is actually plastic when finished; these pieces come out looking super shiny because they reflect light well. * Colored/Sparkled – These kinds come out looking glossy too but instead of reflecting light back at us (like clearly does), they scatter or diffuse it which gives us more interesting effects than just plain old reflection would provide.
How much money can I make selling resin?
How much money you can make selling resin depends on a few factors:
- How much time do you have available to devote to it? This business is a bit more hands-on than others, so you’ll need to put in some serious hours if you want it to pay off.
- The cost of supplies and materials used for your projects. The material costs are going to vary depending on what kind of project(s) you’re working on, but expect prices for most items like molds and dyes to be low—especially compared with other art supplies like canvases or paints.
- The price that customers are willing to pay for your items (which will also depend greatly on the type of product). A simple ornament may fetch only around $10 while an elaborate sculpture could go for over $100!
Can I make money selling resin crafts?
Resin crafts can be an extremely lucrative business, but it’s important to understand that it is not a get-rich-quick scheme.
You need to put in time and effort if you’re going to make it. If you’re serious about making resin crafts your career, then here are some tips for how to start:
- Sell your products at local shops or online. You should start by selling locally first so that you can build up a reputation before trying out the internet sales world. Don’t ever stop selling locally though! Also, don’t limit yourself just because someone says they’ll buy one item at this price or another item at that price—they may just not know what they want yet!
- Make sure that each item has its own unique style so people can tell which artist made each piece of art (or craft).
- Sell items directly from your home website/shop or on Facebook pages if possible (this will require more work than setting up an Etsy shop).
Can you make money making resin?
Yes, you can make money doing resin. However, it’s not very easy. There are many ways to make money with resin and most of them require a lot of time and hard work on your end.
How much you can make is entirely dependent on how much time you put into it.
How hard is it to work with resin?
Resin is a very versatile material and can be used in a variety of ways. When you’re first learning how to use resin, it’s helpful to know how versatile it is.
There are many different types of resins available today, each with its own unique properties and uses. Some types of resins require special handling techniques because they’re more hazardous than others—for example, solvent-based epoxy resins contain strong solvents like methyl ethyl ketone (MEK), which should never come into contact with skin or clothing because it can cause irritation or even burns!
Other types of epoxy have minimal risk associated with handling them but still need proper ventilation in order to avoid harmful vapors getting into your lungs while working.
How do I start a resin art business?
If you’re interested in starting a resin art business, there are some things to consider before jumping into the deep end.
First, you’ll need to have a plan. You need to figure out what type of products you want to sell and what customers would be interested in purchasing them.
What is the price point for your products? How much will it cost for you to make each item? How many items can you produce in a day? These questions should all be answered before moving forward with your business plan.
Once your business plan is set up, then it’s time to get everything ready for launch: that includes securing all necessary licenses and permits (and maybe even registering as an official LLC).
The last thing most newbies want when they start their own businesses is unexpected legal fees—so do yourself a favor and get these things sorted out as soon as possible!
What resin art sells the best?
- Keychains: These are high-demand products and are very popular among buyers.
- Jewelry: Jewelry made out of resin is quite popular, especially for jewelry designers who want their pieces to be unique and different from other designers’ work.
- Coasters: This is also a high-demand product that you can sell on your website or even at local craft fairs as well as online stores like Etsy and eBay.
- Geodes: It is one of the most popular items that you can make using a DIY kit, which will convert your home into an art studio when you are done making these beautiful creations!
Is resin a good business?
Resin is an easy, fun hobby to get into and can be quite profitable. The best part about it is that you don’t need a big investment or any special skills to start making money. You don’t even have to be crafty! Resin is so versatile that you can make literally anything out of it, including jewelry, home decor pieces, art projects, and more. Below are some ideas of what you can sell:
- Resin jewelry: Resin jewelry makes great gifts if you make them yourself! You can also sell them on Etsy or other sites for profit. To learn how we made our own resin ring designs (and how much money we made doing so) click here for the blog post!
- Resin molds: Like I mentioned above in “how do I sell my resin”? There are other ways besides selling finished products like jewelry or keychains; one being selling molds themselves instead! This way people will buy just the mold itself so they won’t have to spend time making their own objects out of plastic themselves – meaning less work for yourself as well as less overhead costs either way round
Can you make a living crafting?
You can. Or at least, you can make enough to get by if you’re willing to put in the time and effort. But it’s not a “get rich quick scheme” or something that will make you rich overnight. Crafting takes time, effort, and skill—you’ll need all three of those things in order to make any sort of decent money out of it.
So how do you start? First off: learn how to market yourself! The craft business is different from say… selling t-shirts on Etsy or making jewelry on eBay because there are no middlemen involved (i.e., no one else taking their cut).
If your goal is simply just to create stuff for fun then by all means go ahead and do so, but if like most people who want more than just some spending money then I recommend learning how marketing works so that when it comes time for making actual sales there aren’t any surprises waiting around the corner!
Resin is a growing art form, and the demand for resin art is high. In this article, you learned how to make money with resin, including:
- How to choose your subject matter
- Which tools and materials do you need
- How to prepare your workspace
- The basic process of making a resin sculpture