Epoxy resin is a strong, durable adhesive that can be used for many different purposes. It’s so versatile, there are even people who make money with epoxy resin!
If you’re looking to learn more about the steps involved in making money with epoxy resin, this article will get you started on your journey.
Can You Make Money Selling Resin Art
You may be wondering if it is possible to make money selling resin art. The answer is yes, absolutely!
There are many people who sell resin art online and in physical locations like galleries or shops. You can also get paid for your work by commissioning artists too.
If you want to learn more about the world of epoxy resin artwork then read on so that we can discuss how you can create a successful business with this versatile medium.
Table of Contents
Is A Resin Business Profitable
Resin is a popular material used in all sorts of applications. It can be colored, textured, or mixed with other materials to create unique epoxy resin art pieces and craft supplies.
Resin has many properties that make it an excellent choice for home décor items sold on Etsy, at local flea markets, or online through Amazon Handmade.
If you are thinking about starting your own business selling these products, there are several reasons why this can be profitable:
Resin can be mixed to create different colors, sizes, and textures.
The more you experiment the better your chances of finding unique products that will sell quickly at craft fairs or on Etsy.
Many people are drawn to décor items made with epoxy resin because they last for a very long time without fading or wearing down.
This means even vintage pieces created years ago still look brand new today.
If someone is looking for high-quality wall art they know where to find it in stores featuring epoxy resin decorative items!
People who buy decorations tend to purchase several things at once so there is less competition from other sellers compared with buying an item like t-shirts which might only sell one per person.
It is possible to sell resin pieces through Amazon Handmade due to the platform’s relaxed rules on what qualifies as handmade.
If you are unable to make your own products, hire local artisans or purchase items wholesale from other Etsy sellers who specialize in epoxy resin creations.
Just be sure that anything sold using this platform counts towards generating enough money for you and all of your employees!
What Can You Make With Epoxy Resin
everything from home decor to building instruments and much more. Epoxy resin has a variety of uses and can be used in any application that requires high strength, corrosion resistance, and low coefficients of thermal expansion.
How Do I Start A Resin Business
Resin businesses are very straightforward. You need to buy or lease a space, then purchase equipment and supplies that you use in your work.
The business needs to have its own website because people will be shopping online for the resin products they want to be made by you.
It is easy enough to find websites where customers can submit their custom requests so all you have to do is fill them! If it’s easier for your customers, they may choose instead to send you an email with their order information.
this should also go on your site under contact details or perhaps as part of FAQ page.
The products that you decide to make will determine the equipment and supplies that you need.
A good place to find out what types of resin are in high demand is by reading product reviews on sites where people list their experiences with different varieties of resins, such as epoxy-resin.com or Amazon’s Best Sellers page for Resin Supplies & Equipment.
You can also contact your local craft store, they may already have some contacts for suppliers if they themselves cannot get certain items locally.
Your biggest expense should be getting professional quality molds made so that each one produces identical pieces because this really streamlines production time! The next thing to consider would be buying higher quality machines than you might want initially, but this will save time and therefore money in the long run.
You can get started for under $1000, but if you want to buy higher quality equipment right away, it may cost closer to $2000 or more until sales can cover that expense.
The most important thing is to find a product line that interests you because resin work requires patience and attention and there has been no mention of any type of financial return on investment from this business!
How Hard Is It To Work With Resin
Resin is quite easy to work with. It’s typically a one part resin, which means it does not need any mixing before use and there are no leftover components you have to keep track of after the product has been used up.
In fact, epoxy resins can be manipulated by hand or in an oven depending on what kind of curing process they go through when being made into products such as countertops or decorative items for your home!
Why Is Resin Art So Expensive
Resin art can be expensive because it’s made with epoxy resin, which is a specific type of plastic.
This means that the piece has to be carefully constructed so as not to warp or deform during its curing process.
The artist usually needs special equipment and training in order to work with this material properly.
How Do You Price Resin Products
- First, you need to consider how much resin is in your product. If it’s 15 ml of resin and the price per milliliter is $15 then that would be a $225 value if sold at retail prices.
- Second, you need to consider the labor and time involved in making the product. If it’s a $15 resin with $20 worth of materials then that would be a decent hourly wage for all your hard work.
- Third, consider the quality of your product and whether or not it will sell. Don’t price a $15 resin too high because you’re worried about getting less money per sale than another item. If people like the resin then they’ll buy it no matter what the price is! The more popular something is, however, generally means that you can get away with charging more for it since there’s a higher demand for that particular thing.
- Fourth, make sure to take into account the value of your time. If you spend all day making resin crafts then that’s worth more than $15 per hour for something like that which is only taking up a few hours at most. The best way to price things can be challenging but these tips should help get you started on figuring out how much money you’re actually making.
- Fifth, you should always price your goods higher than the materials and labor costs because people will usually pick cheaper products over yours.
- For example, if you can buy a resin for $15 but it takes 30 minutes to make then that’s only worth $12 an hour! You’ll need to charge at least twice what it cost in order to earn minimum wage or more depending on how much time goes into making each item.