Do you want to learn how to make roses and epoxy resin night lamps? If so, this blog post is for you.
We will take you through the steps of making a beautiful flower arrangement using silk flowers.
You will also have the opportunity to create your own epoxy resin night lamps!
What Are The Benefits Of Using Epoxy Resin
Table of Contents
- What Are The Benefits Of Using Epoxy Resin
- epoxy resin is a good choice for using in making night lamps because it will never melt or scorch under high heat.
- How To Use Epoxy Resin
- How To Make A Night Lamp With Rose Petals And Epoxy Resin
- The Process Of Making A Night Lamp With Rose Petals And Epoxy Resin
- Tips For Making Your Own Night Lamp With Rose Petals And Epoxy Resin
epoxy resin is a good choice for using in making night lamps because it will never melt or scorch under high heat.
It also has an excellent chemical and electrical resistance, so the lamp made from epoxy resin would last for years without any issue like corrosion and cracking under normal conditions.
How To Use Epoxy Resin
Epoxy resin is a two-component, 100% solids mixture of epoxides. These are chemically linked molecules that form long chains called polymers at room temperature and pressure.
The more “A” part you mix with the hardener (mixing cup) then the softer your cured material will be. When it comes to making an Epoxy Resin Night Lamp, we recommend using equal parts or 40 grams A: B by weight for best results!
This ratio of hardness gives you just enough flexibility so that if someone bumps into it there isn’t any breakage but also has some durability/strength on its own without being too soft where pieces would flake off over time.
How To Make A Night Lamp With Rose Petals And Epoxy Resin
The epoxy resin night light is made with a simple three-step process. Start by choosing your favorite color of epoxy resin and then pouring it into the mold or container that you want to use for your lampshade.
Once you have poured in all of the resin, place several rose petals on top and let them soak up some of this gorgeous colored liquid.
When finished, wait overnight so that it can properly dry out before using it as an actual nightlight!
The Process Of Making A Night Lamp With Rose Petals And Epoxy Resin
One way to make a rose and epoxy resin night lamp are as follows:
- cut the bottom end of a glass vessel or jar.
- fill it with water.
- place the stemless flower into the water so only its flowers are visible.
- Be careful not to let them touch each other, which can damage them when they expand due to heat from a light bulb inside a jar at night.
Tips For Making Your Own Night Lamp With Rose Petals And Epoxy Resin
- First, you need to clean the petals. This is important if they’re fresh or were in your garden where there may be dust and dirt on them that will not look good when mixed with epoxy resin. You can find these kits online at Amazon for example, but there are cheaper options available locally too.
- Second, take a closer look at each of your rose petal pieces before mixing together the essential oil and epoxy resin mixture so you can pick out any leaves or other debris that might have gotten stuck among them during cleaning time. Take note of this because it’s better to remove anything else now than once everything has hardened into one solid block of goo!
- Third, mix the rose petal pieces with epoxy resin in a plastic container or something that can handle both liquids. Stir them together using gloved hands to make sure everything is evenly coated and there are no dry patches left behind.
- Now you can add essential oil if desired! You’ll notice this will change the color of your mixture so keep that in mind when adding it but also know by experimenting you might find some fun results too depending on what type of flower petals you used!
How Do You Keep Things From Floating In Resin
One of the most common questions people have is how to keep items from floating around in resin.
There are several different methods that work well for this, depending on what you’re trying to cast.
The first method I will discuss is the easiest and works best with small paper objects like origami roses or tiny leaves.
The second method involves using a release agent such as Vaseline petroleum jelly which acts as an insulating barrier between your object and the resin so it doesn’t float up once hardened.
Some options include spraying hair spray, applying oil-based clay softener, covering with talcum powder, etc… This idea isn’t just limited to epoxy resins either! You can use plastic or glass vases/jars by filling them with water and dropping your object inside.
Water is a great release agent, along with many other liquids such as cooking oils or alcohols like vodka!
How Do You Fill The Lamp Openings
Another very important thing to consider when making resin lamps is how will you fill in the openings/voids on top where you insert the light strands.
There are several ways to go about this but they all require different things depending on what type of look you want for your final piece.
The most popular method involves filling them up halfway through pouring so that it forms an even layer across the entire surface once hardened without any air bubbles trapped inside which can ruin an otherwise flawless finish.
Can You Put Led Lights In Epoxy Resin
Yes! Just make sure that the LED strands you are using have a battery pack or power cord with an on/off switch.
This way, they can still be turned off and removed from the lamp after it’s been filled without draining any of their battery life.
Once this is done simply place them inside through one of your drilled openings with most or all of it sticking out over the edge so none is touching the resin.
How Do You Put A Whole Rose In Resin
The easiest way to put an entire rose in resin is by first cutting off the stem and placing it inside a vase filled with water.
Once you’ve done this, cut your rose at its base so that most of the stem is submerged underwater but not all of it.
The top half will be above the surface which helps keep air bubbles at bay while still allowing enough room for pouring epoxy resin on top without any issues over saturating or overfilling it once hardens.
How Do You Preserve A Rose With Hairspray
To preserve a rose with hairspray, first, cut your stem off at the base so that most of it is submerged in water.
Next, thoroughly coat all of its surface area using spray adhesive or floral glue to both protect it from air bubbles and help prevent resin from seeping into crevices where they are harder to reach later on.
Once this step has been done you can then wrap several layers around wire tightly starting very close to the bottom of the flower working your way up towards the top, without winding too loosely as this will cause them to slip out, when inserting them inside an epoxy resin lamp filled halfway through pouring once hardened.
Is Art Resin Different From Epoxy Resin
No, art resin is just another name for epoxy resin.
The main difference you will find in most cases between them is that some art resins are designed specifically to be used with certain types of materials, like paper or fabric while others can work on more general ones such as metal and plastic, which makes it easier when choosing what type of project you’d like to use yours for!
What Do I Need To Know About Working With Perspex
When using transparent acrylic sheets (perspex) there are a few things people often overlook but should be aware of before diving right into their next project.
The first one is the fact that they’re highly susceptible to discoloring over time even after having been cured correctly.