When you’re making your own bong or pipe out of resin, it’s important to know how to make sure the bowl is clear. It can be a bit tricky sometimes, but there are some easy ways to get it looking perfect!
If you’re ready for a new piece of glassware that’ll make smoking fun again, this article will show you step-by-step how to do it right!
Table of Contents
How do you make resin completely clear?
It is possible to make your resin completely clear. It all depends on the resin you use and how much of it you add to the mix. Here are some tips for making your resin completely clear:
- Use a clear resin with a high viscosity
- Use a clear resin with a high concentration of additives
- Use a clear resin with a high concentration of pigments
- Use a clear resin with a high concentration of fillers
How do you make a bowl clear?
- Make sure that the resin you are using is clear and not tinted.
- Make sure that the resin has a thick enough viscosity that it does not run or drip when poured into your mold
- Make sure that the resin has enough tensile strength to withstand being handled without breaking
- Make sure that your resin is not too brittle, as this can cause bubbles in your final product
How do you cover a resin bowl?
A resin bowl cover is a separate piece that fits over the open top of your bowl. It’s a simple solution, but it works well if you want to keep your meals fresh and visually appealing.
You can choose from a variety of materials (including plastic, stainless steel, and glass) in different colors and patterns—and they’re easy to clean!
If you prefer an insert that goes right into the middle of your bowl, consider using an insert instead. This option can be useful if you want something less disposable than food storage containers but aren’t ready for something like a lid or cowl yet.
If there are times when you don’t need as much protection against spills as others require, consider using ring covers instead.
These attach easily around most bowls with just one clip or button and look great while still allowing room for food storage inside them when necessary!
How do you make resin bowls?
Resin bowls are easy to make, and you don’t need a lot of supplies. All you really need is some resin, a mold, and a bowl.
To make your own clear resin bowl:
- Make sure your bowl is clean and dry. The cleaner it is, the easier this process will be!
- Pour a small amount of resin into your mold (we used an old pickle jar). Don’t pour too much at once—you’ll want to leave enough space in the middle so that you can add more layers later on down the line.
- Once the bottom layer has hardened, add another layer over top of it by pouring another small amount onto each side of your piece; as before, leave some extra room around each side so that when they harden they won’t get stuck together (which would happen if they were pressed against one another too tightly). Repeat until all sides are covered but not entirely submerged in resin—the top should look almost like an upside-down pyramid shape when done correctly!
How do you get crystal clear resin?
To make your resin bowl clear, you’ll need to use a clear resin and hardener. You can also add a white pigment to the mixture if you want it to be whiter than it would be otherwise.
If you’re looking for a cheaper option, try using acetone instead of the hardener (this will make your resin cloudy).
How do you make resin less cloudy?
You can use a non-polar solvent to remove the cloudiness from your resin. Non-polar solvents are typically hydrocarbons and alcohols, both of which are relatively safe for you to handle without proper safety equipment.
If you choose an alcohol-based solvent, make sure it’s not one that will leave a stain on your resulting object.
Can you clean a pipe without alcohol?
You can clean a pipe by filling it with water, vinegar, and hydrogen peroxide. Mix the ingredients together and store for at least 24 hours before using.
You can also use rubbing alcohol as an alternative to traditional cleaning products such as 409 or Lysol spray cleaners.
How do you clean a bowl with vinegar?
The acidity level of vinegar is low enough that it won’t harm your pipes, bowls, or bongs. If you use too much vinegar, though, there’s a chance that some residue will remain after you rinse out your device.
If this happens, simply wipe down the inside of your pipe with rubbing alcohol to remove any excess liquid.
How to clean resin with vinegar:
- Pour two cups of distilled white vinegar into a glass bowl or cup and soak the pipe in it for 15 minutes (or longer if needed).
- Remove from bowl and rinse thoroughly with warm water until all traces of the vinegar have been removed from the pipe or bong (you may want to do this over a sink so there are no drips).
- Use rubbing alcohol on an old towel if necessary to get rid of any remaining film on your smoking device
So there you have it, a few ways to clean your resin bowl! The key is to use the right materials and to make sure that all of your tools are clean. If you have any other tips or tricks for us, please let us know in the comments below!