Have you ever wondered whether epoxy tabletops are durable? If so, you’re not alone. People like to know what they are getting, especially when it comes to new products.
With the epoxy tabletop trend growing in popularity, people want to know if an epoxy tabletop is going to stand the test of time.
How long epoxy table last?
If you have an epoxy table outdoors, make sure to cover it with a protective cover so that it doesn’t get damaged by precipitation or humidity.
An epoxy table will last longer than most other materials besides marble and granite; however, because these materials have a more porous surface than the average wood table (which absorbs water), they will eventually begin to show signs of wear after years of use.
Epoxy tables are also more durable than most other types of plastic products because they do not absorb any liquids from foods such as juices or coffee cups between uses like some other materials would do.
Table of Contents
Does an epoxy resin table scratch?
An epoxy resin table is very durable and scratch-resistant. It’s possible to scratch it, but it is not common.
- Use a cutting board and coasters for your food and drinks. Placing hot items directly on the table may cause some damage over time, especially if you’re in an area where humidity is high.
- Wipe up spills as soon as they occur to avoid stains or discoloration of your surface.
A few tips:
- Using cleaners designed specifically for epoxy resin surfaces can help keep these tables looking great! If you have hard-water buildup or other stains that won’t wash away easily, try using a cleaner like Krud Kutter that contains oxalic acid (not baking soda). Oxalic acid will dissolve mineral deposits without harming your table’s finish or causing any damage by itself.* For added protection against scratches and stains, use polyurethane sealants such as Varathane Waterproofing Stain + Varnish Sealer after applying polyurethane topcoat sealers like Duratec Solid Coat Topcoat Sealer from Zinsser Company
Do resin tables scratch easily?
To maintain your resin table and prevent scratches, you can:
- Wipe down your table with a damp cloth. This will remove any dirt or grime that might be on the surface of the table, as well as dust particles in between grooves on its surface. If a spill happens to occur on your epoxy flooring, always clean it immediately with mild soap and water before it dries. Moisten a paper towel or sponge with warm water, then rub gently until all residue has been removed (do not use abrasive materials). Once you’ve washed off any stains from spills or other marks on your epoxy flooring, the blot dries completely before applying another coat of clear sealer.
- Apply several coats of clear sealer annually so that scratches won’t penetrate through to its surface layer – this will help keep it looking newer longer! Recoating is especially important if someone slips and falls against an unprotected table edge since it could puncture their skin easily without any protection from being coated over regularly every year with clear sealers such as UV-resistant finishings like Polyurea**
How durable is epoxy resin furniture?
Epoxy resin tables are made by infusing glass fibers into the plastic resin. They’re quite durable, though not as sturdy as metal furniture or granite surfaces.
How long do epoxy resin tables last?
The durability of an epoxy table will depend on how you use it and the type of surface you choose to place it on. Epoxy resin can be scratched easily by sharp objects like knives and forks, so if you plan on using your table for eating purposes, consider getting a tempered glass top instead of an acrylic one (or just don’t cut up food on the table).
If it’s going to be used for decorative purposes only—like displaying plants or photos—then any type of material will work fine!
Does epoxy melt in sun?
If you live in a warm climate, or if you have a lot of sun in your yard, then you might be worried about the durability of your epoxy table.
The good news is that epoxy has a low melting point. You can easily make it melt with a blowtorch or even by leaving something on the table too long in the sun!
However, if you’re careful to keep your table out of direct sunlight during warmer months (or treated with sunscreen periodically) and use common sense when leaving anything hot on it (e.g., plates with food), then there should be no need to worry about how durable it is.
How long does epoxy take to break down?
Epoxy resin is not water-soluble, and it doesn’t break down in the presence of moisture. That means you can leave your epoxy table sitting outside all year round and it won’t degrade or break down at all.
If you’re looking to keep your new table looking its best, then we recommend keeping it covered when not in use.
Can you put a hot pan on epoxy countertops?
Put a trivet or some other type of heat-resistant plate on top of your epoxy countertop before placing any hot pans on it. You will want to avoid putting any crockpots, frying pans, roasting pans, ovens, or microwaves onto the epoxy surface as well—anything that might get too hot and cause damage to your shiny new kitchen table!
Likewise, do not put anything with boiling water or any sort of heated liquid onto your new kitchen table until it has cooled off completely after being exposed to high temperatures such as those from the cooking appliances mentioned above (it could crack).
Finally—and most importantly—avoid using any heating elements above an epoxy tabletop because this may cause damage over time due to heat exposure from those materials being near each other for long periods at once: so no hot plates or toasters either! But if these precautions are followed carefully then you should have no problems using your new kitchen table for years without ever having one scratch appear on its surface
How do you stop epoxy from scratching?
To keep scratches from happening, there are a few different options. The first thing you can do is use a felt pad under objects that could scratch the table or any other surface you have.
The second thing you can do is buy a cutting board for the kitchen counter and put it on top of your new epoxy table. Thirdly, you can use trivets (those little stands) under hot plates and pots to keep them up off the surface of your epoxy table.
Fourthly, if all else fails, go out and buy yourself some placemats/tablecloths/hot pads/coasters/placemats so nothing will touch your precious new furniture!
That was a lot of information to go through! But hopefully, it gives you a good idea of how epoxy tables are made, and what the benefits and drawbacks are.
If you’re looking for a table that is both durable and easy to clean, then epoxy is definitely the way to go. With just a little bit of care, your table should last for years without chipping or cracking.