Epoxy grout is a great way to add style and durability to your kitchen backsplash. It’s often used in kitchens because it’s easy to install and maintain.
Here are some reasons why epoxy grout is the best choice for your kitchen:
Table of Contents
When it comes to strength, epoxy grout is much stronger than regular grout. Because of its adhesive nature, epoxy can be applied over existing tiles and other surfaces without any damage to them.
It’s also versatile in that you can use it just about anywhere—on floors, countertops, and walls—and there are many different ways to apply it based on your specific needs.
- The best part about epoxy grout is that it’s so easy to clean. You can do it with a damp cloth, or even just some soap and water.
- If you want to get a little more serious about the cleaning process, there are other options as well. You can use mild detergents or grout sealers, which are similar in nature to tile sealers but made specifically for removing stains from epoxy grout lines (they’re also non-toxic and won’t leave any residue behind after they dry).
- Or maybe you don’t want to worry about cleaning your new backsplash at all? In that case, try using an epoxy grout cleaner instead!
When it comes to price, epoxy grout is one of the most cost-effective options for a kitchen backsplash. A small, 32-inch by 12-inch kit costs about $20 and can cover up to 100 square feet.
For comparison, ceramic tile is generally more expensive than epoxy grout and marble or granite tiles are even pricier.
In addition, the cost of traditional grout ranges from $30-$60 per gallon, which means you’d have to buy at least three gallons just to fill one tiny space!
Epoxy grout is made from natural materials. It is a non-toxic product, as it contains no VOCs and doesn’t emit fumes when curing.
Epoxy flooring products are also made from recycled materials since they contain up to 90% recycled content. This means that the raw materials used to make epoxy flooring come from reclaimed sources such as plastic bottles and old tires!
Epoxy grout is made with soybean oil, linseed oil, and polyols (chemicals derived from renewable resources).
These ingredients are similar to those found in vegetable oil or animal fat; they’re safe for indoor use because they don’t break down into harmful gases over time like other types of glues do (like vinyl acetate).
They’re also considered eco-friendly because there’s no need for hazardous chemicals during production like there would be if epoxy was manufactured using synthetic resins instead!
You will want to choose a grout that is water-proof. This can be used in the kitchen, bathroom or both. It is a great choice for any room since it is waterproof and easy to clean.
Epoxy grout is a durable option that can last for up to 20 years. It’s also waterproof, meaning that spills and leaks won’t cause damage to your walls or countertops.
This makes epoxy grout an ideal choice for kitchen backsplashes, where it’s likely that water will come into contact with the surface at some point.
If you do decide to use this type of grout in your home, be sure not to mix it with latex-based sealants or cleaners, as they can weaken its performance over time.
7. Stain resistant
Epoxy grout is stain-resistant. It is difficult to stain epoxy grout, as it is resistant to most common household spills (including water, oil, and grease). Epoxy grout also resists heat, cold, and sunlight.
In addition to this, epoxy grout is resistant to chemicals such as acids.
8. Easy to apply and maintain
There are a number of advantages to using epoxy grout for your kitchen backsplash. For starters, it’s easy to apply and maintain. Epoxy is easy to mix with water and comes in a variety of colors.
It can be applied directly over existing grout without removing it, which saves time and money when replacing your old tiles with new ones.
Epoxy is also suitable for new or existing tiles and can be used on any type of tile size or thickness.
9. It can be applied directly over existing grout without removing it.
In addition to the above, epoxy grout is also great for people looking to repair existing grout. The product can be applied directly over old grout without having to remove it beforehand, making it a convenient option that doesn’t require much time or effort.
You can also use epoxy grout with existing tiles and wallpapers if you want to match their colors or textures.
These are some reasons that people choose epoxy grout for their kitchen backsplash
Unfortunately, traditional grout can stain and discolor over time. When you choose to use epoxy grout for your kitchen backsplash, you get a material that is able to resist these issues.
This makes it ideal for the busy kitchen environment. Here are some of the reasons why people choose epoxy grout for their kitchen backsplashes:
- It’s strong
- It’s easy to maintain
- It’s cost-effective
- It is eco-friendly
- Epoxy grout is made with natural materials such as limestone and marble dust, along with resins that create a sturdy bond between the tile pieces during application. This means that your tiles will not come loose over time or break apart easily when dropped accidentally on them like some other types of tiles might do under similar circumstances (for instance, ceramic or porcelain). * You can also expect epoxy grout to be waterproof because its composition contains no water; this makes it ideal for bathrooms where moisture may ruin wooden cabinets around shower stalls or tubs
This is a great way to get the look of a tile backsplash without all of the work. You can also use epoxy grout for other parts of your home as well, like bathrooms, basements, and more!