If you’re considering a resin table top for your home, you might be wondering how durable they are. A lot of people assume that since they’re made of plastic, they’re not as strong as wood or metal. But what many folks don’t know is that resin can be just as strong and durable if it’s properly made!
In this post, we’ll break down what resin is and why it’s so popular with furniture manufacturers. We’ll also go over the best ways to care for your table top once it arrives at your doorstep so you can enjoy it for years to come!
Does resin tables scratch easily?
Yes, resin is a hard surface and will scratch with enough effort. But that’s where the durability comes in—a resin tabletop is far more scratch resistant than wood, and less likely to scratch than glass.
If you happen to damage your table top, it can easily be repaired with a little bit of sandpaper or fine grit sanding sponge.
How long do epoxy resin tables last?
Epoxy resin is quite durable and will last for several years if well maintained. The key to this is keeping your epoxy table top clean and dry. You should also protect it from heat sources that could cause damage to the table top such as hot pots or pans. This will help keep your table top looking wonderful for many years!
Epoxy resin tables are not prone to cracking or breaking, which means they’re perfect if you have kids around who might be rough with furniture (or even if you don’t).
They’re also not affected by extreme heat or cold, so they can be used in any climate without worry of damage occurring due to temperature changes.
Are epoxy resin tables durable?
While resin tables are strong and durable, they are not indestructible. In order to maintain the look and feel of your table, it is important that you care for it properly. To keep your table looking good for years, we recommend following these tips:
- Clean your epoxy-resin table regularly with a soft cloth and mild soap solution. Avoid abrasive cleaners or products!
- Do not place hot items directly on top of the surface as this can cause damage over time.
- Do not leave any sharp objects sitting on top of the surface—this could cause dents in the surface or even scratch marks if they’re heavy enough!
Are resin tables scratch resistant?
Resin table tops are scratch resistant. That means you can’t damage the top by scratching it, but there are things that can scratch your resin table top. The most common way for a resin table to get scratched is by running your fingernail across it. This will not permanently damage the surface, but it will leave small scratches that can be seen if you look closely enough.
Resin is made from epoxy resins and other ingredients like pigments and fillers. Epoxies are hard and durable materials that resist cracks and breakage, which makes resin tables very rugged and long-lasting.
But they aren’t indestructible! If you want something that won’t get damaged if someone moves around in their seat while sitting at the table (and trust us—that happens), then get a wood table instead of a resin one
How do I protect my resin table?
Resin patio tables are an easy way to add some style and elegance to your outdoor space. However, they can be challenging to care for. Here are a few tips on how to protect your resin table:
- Don’t use abrasive cleaners or sponges on the table surface—they can scratch it. Instead, use a soft cloth that you don’t mind getting dirty by hand-washing with soap and water. If you have stubborn stains, try using a mild detergent before cleaning with soapy water as needed.
- Don’t leave hot pans or dishes on top of the table for too long; this will cause heat damage over time because resin is not heat-resistant like glass or ceramic tile. You should also avoid using high-heat utensils such as metal spatulas when cooking meals at the table because they could leave permanent marks in the resin if they get too hot while cooking food on top of your table!
- Avoid leaving wet glasses sitting around after serving drinks; even though resin is waterproof up until 80 degrees Celsius (176 degrees Fahrenheit), leaving liquids sitting around will eventually cause them to stain both sides of your tabletop so make sure everything gets washed off before guests arrive next door after enjoying some wine together outside!
How do I look after my resin table?
- Store your resin table in a dry place. Avoid leaving it in direct sunlight, as this can cause the furniture to warp.
- Clean your resin table with a soft damp cloth and never use harsh chemicals or abrasives to clean it!
- Don’t leave spills on your furniture for extended periods of time, as they may stain and ruin the finish.
- Don’t leave your furniture outside in bad weather – this can result in cracking, fading or warping of the product’s surface.
Does resin break down over time?
- The pigments and additives within the base resin will not breakdown over time.
- Epoxy is an extremely resilient material and will not degrade from UV exposure or from normal wear and tear. As with any exposed surface, scratches or chips can occur, but these can be repaired with a matching finish to conceal the damage.
Does epoxy melt in sun?
It’s a common misconception that epoxy resin melts in the sun. In fact, epoxy is UV resistant and can withstand temperatures up to 250 degrees Celsius (or 482 degrees Fahrenheit). It’s also non-toxic, odorless, and will not fade or turn yellow over time.
But what about those hot days when you’re outside enjoying your favorite beverage on your new resin tabletop? The truth is that if you’re sitting down with your back to the sun, there won’t be any issues—your tabletop won’t heat up enough to melt or crack.
However, if you have your table set directly in front of a window where it’s getting direct sunlight all day long (and sometimes at night too), then yes: Your table may become too hot for comfort!
A resin table top is a great investment for your home or business. It will last you a long time and provide a sleek, modern look that will be the envy of your friends. They are also scratch resistant, easy to clean, and just overall durable.
If you are looking into purchasing a new table, then I would check out some of the tables offered by Renehan Woodworking LLC. They have some really nice designs that I think would look great in any room of your house!